Admission Requirements / General Information
The Crestwood Medical Center School of Radiology prohibits any form of unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, status as a Vietnam-era disabled veteran or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
To perform the duties of a radiologic technologist, applicants should be capable of meeting the following physical requirements*:
Able to stand for long periods of time.
Able to visibly position the radiographic tube, patient, and cassete to achieve a properly positioned radiograph.
Able to push/and or pull objects.
Able to lift and carry objects.
Able to wear leaded radiation protective apparal for long periods of time.
Possess sufficient manuel dexterity to set controls on a x-ray unit.
Able to effectively verbally communicate with others.
Able to hear a patient or staff member call for help.
Able to read radiographic requests.
Able to write a clinical history and technique on the radiographic request.
Able to visually select correct machine settings.
*The physical standards are not inclusive of all physical encounters a radiologic technologist might expect. The intent of this list is to make applicants aware that radiologic technology requires a broad array of many physical skills.
If an applicant feels he/she cannot meet one or more of the physical standards, a full written explanation must be included with the application. Reasonable accommodation will be considered.
Student Selection Criteria*
1. Applicants must complete fully the application form and questionnaire.
2. Applicants must be a minimum age of 18.
3. An official high school or equivalent transcript is required.
4. ACT, SAT or equivalent are recommended, and a copy included.
5. A copy of high school diploma, GED or equivalent certificate is required.
6. **Applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 credits (hours) in post-secondary general education. The categories are:
· Mathematical/Logical Reasoning (required)
· Written/Oral Communication (required)
· Arts and Humanities
· Information Systems
· Social/Behavioral Sciences
· Natural Sciences
7. College/university transcripts/diploma must be included.
8. Proof of a physical examination performed in the past year, signed by a physician.
9. Must be able to comply with the physical standards.
10. A letter of interest must be included.
11. At least 4 letters of recommendation must be sent to the School.
12. Special consideration will be given to applicants with prior medical/healthcare experience.
13. A drug screening / background check, performed by Crestwood Medical Center, is required.
14. Must speak fluent English.
15. Must be an American citizen.
16. A $25 application fee must be included.
**Applicants may apply to the program with the understanding that the ARRT requires the 15 credit hours prior to eligibility for the ARRT examination. Graduation from the Crestwood Medical Center School of Radiology does not assure ARRT eligibility.
The Program Director will review all materials and evaluate all applicants. The most qualified applicants may be invited for a personal interview. Ultimate selection will be based on the applicants’ completed folder and a panel interview by the Advisory Committee.
The Advisory Committee will determine the exact number of students that will be selected. Alternates may also be selected. All applicants will be notified if selected, selected as an alternate or not selected.
Incomplete / late applications may not be considered.
*Student selection criteria may be changed at any time in the best interest of the Crestwood Medical Center School of Radiology.