da Vinci Prostatectomy
The prostate is a gland that wraps around a man's urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder. Cancer can form inside this gland and exist for years without causing symptoms.
da Vinci Prostatectomy is a minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical procedure that removes the cancerous prostate gland and related structures. The potential benefits of the da Vinci Prostatectomy are:
- Effective Cancer Control: Studies have shown that experienced surgeons have achieved excellent results in removing prostate cancer without leaving cancer cells behind.
- Improved and Early Return of Sexual Function: Studies have shown that most patients have a rapid return of sexual function.
- Improved and Early Return of Continence: Studies have shown that most patients have a rapid return of urinary continence.
- Improved Results Over Traditional Treatments: Patients may benefit from surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer, the established gold standard, as compared to radiation. Surgery has a higher and longer survival rate than radiation or other treatments. Surgery also has a lower risk of long-term complications than radiation treatments.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: The da Vinci System enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
Learn More: da Vinci Prostatectomy
da Vinci Hysterectomy
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. This procedure may be done because of fibroid tumors, endometriosis, or cancer.
Traditional open gynecologic surgery, using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy, has for many years been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. Yet with open surgery can come significant pain, trauma, a long recovery process and threat to surrounding organs and nerves.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option. Through tiny, 1-2 cm incisions, surgeons using the da Vinci System can operate with greater precision and control, minimizing the pain and risk associated with large incisions while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and excellent clinical outcomes.
Learn More: da Vinci Hysterectomy
Single-Site da Vinci Surgery for Gallbladder Disease (Cholecystectomy)
To control or eliminate severe gallbladder symptoms, your doctor may recommend surgery to remove your gallbladder. Fortunately, the gallbladder is an organ that you can live without.
If you've been told you need gallbladder surgery, ask your doctor about Single-Site da Vinci Surgery. It is minimally invasive - performed through a single small incision using state-of-the-art technology.
Patients who choose Single-Site da Vinci Surgery experience virtually scarless results. That's because the surgeon operates through one small incision in the navel. After a fast recovery, the scar is almost impossible to see.
Single-Site da Vinci Surgery offers patients the following potential benefits:
- Minimal scarring
- Minimal pain
- Low blood loss
- Fast recovery
- Short hospital stay
- High patient satisfaction
Learn More: da Vinci Cholecystectomy
< Return to Robotic Surgery