Crestwood Robotic Services
Our robot helps you feel human again. Faster.
Smaller Incisions mean less pain, less scarring,
and a faster recovery for many patients.
Crestwood Medical Center brings you the advantages of the da Vinci® Si™ Robotic-Assisted Surgical System, the most advanced surgical platform in North Alabama. This advanced system may be used to aid gynecological, prostate, urologic, gallbladder, and kidney procedures. In the hands of skilled surgeons, these minimally invasive procedures may mean less pain, less scarring, and less time in the hospital for many patients.
The da Vinci Si System is taking surgery beyond the limits of the human hand by providing surgeons with greater precision, greater control, and better access to areas that are difficult to reach, allowing complex operations to be performed through smaller incisions than traditional open surgery.
The da Vinci® Si™ has several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency in the operating room, many of which translate to patient benefits. Here are a few features of the da Vinci® Si™:
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- Firefly fluorescence imaging - Crestwood's da Vinci is the only in the North Alabama to feature this technology. The fluorescence imaging of Firefly provides surgeons the capability of more accurately identifying and removing cancerous tissue with clearer margins than ever before.
- Single-Site Instrumentation that allows surgeons to perform many procedures with just one single incision (coming soon for some general surgeries)
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
To learn more about the benefits of the da Vinci® Si™ Robotic-Assisted Surgical System, visit http://www.davincisurgery.com/ or call Susan Bryce, ACNO, Director of Surgical Services at Crestwood Medical Center at 256.429.5067.